On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Felix Hartmann <extremecar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1
>

> boundaries are too often wrong or incomplete or if someone deletes them
> accidentally (or renames them slightly)

again the "is_in" discussion....

All these arguments above are also valid when you put the full address tags.
It's always a good practice to avoid duplicated data in a database. It makes
only sense if the address cannot be deduced from the boundaries (like in US,
it seems).
Don't forget the fundamentals : OSM is a geospatial database containing
geospatial data. If you are a consumer, use a database server with
geospatial functions like postGIS (otherwise we don't need coordinates in
nodes). It's true that it requires some skills and learning curves and lazy
programmers can always expect that contributors will do the job for them...

Pieren