Le 03/05/2011 16:54, Pieren a écrit :
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Felix Hartmann <extremecar...@gmail.com <mailto:extremecar...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Cause boundaries really are not ment for deducting information
    onto what's inside.

I don't know what to say against that....

Pieren

Maybe boundaries are in the database for the renderers only ;-)

Seriously... I can reply.

Don't forget the fundamentals : OSM is a geospatial database containing geospatial data. If you are a consumer, use a database server with geospatial functions like postGIS (otherwise we don't need coordinates in nodes). It's true that it requires some skills and learning curves and lazy programmers can always expect that contributors will do the job for them...

I'm using boundaries for computing localisation of things.
I never have studied compuning. But i'm able to manage a postGIS database, to write queries with spatial functions with jointures, and to get some good results. It is not so hard. And somebody making requests with where clauses such as WHERE "addr:country" IS IN (...) is probably able to make a jointure.

IMHO addr:stuff may be necessary in the way that addr:stuff is not exactly geolocalisation and can differ from ST_WITHIN results. But it is optionnal for only such cases.
--
FrViPofm