I don't think things are black and white, you speak of rejecting the new
license which seems a little strong.

I think there are some issues to deal with and some implications.

If we are talking about making the basic OSM map based on direction
observation, and I think we are, then I think the sooner we remove any
imports the better.  Otherwise with the new CT saying Oh and we reserve the
right to change the license in the future you can't line up the licenses.

How useful is OSM without imports, well in the UK if you don't catch buses
its probably not too bad.  If you do then the imported bus stops are useful.

The OSM toolset is very rich as is the community's knowledge.  One wonders
if the answer is two databases with different licenses? one directly mapped
and one that is more geared towards imports.  Technically not that difficult
to do and it would accommodate rather than 'split' the community.

Cheerio John