On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 14:09 -0700, Steve Coast wrote:

> I'm speaking personally and there are no guarantees here but I'd like to
> get input on what areas you would like Bing to prioritise for aerial
> and/or satellite imagery in the coming year.

There are numerous programs that exist which show the density of mapping
in certain areas.  Maybe it would be useful to find the more heavily
mapped areas that dont have coverage?

> Please mail sco...@microsoft.com with the area in question (I'd love to
> accept
> bounding boxes but don't really have the time so cities/countries are
> the best).

This almost seems backwards.  If youre given a city/country, dont you
have to then find it so you can figure out a bounding box anyway?

Personally, Id like to see the coverage extended along the east coast of
Australia, in many areas the coverage seems to cover huge regional areas
but then stops short of the townships.  Id also like to throw in a vote
for imagery of the alpine snowy mountains here too.  I think its also
worth looking at what areas are covered by NearMap but arent covered by
bing, as when all the nearmap-derived data is removed, many mappers will
want some sort of imagery to replace it (even if it is much lower
quality).

David