Hi,

On 06/17/11 08:15, Gehling Marc wrote:
I would suggest that images are updated from countries that are
currently inan upheaval as Egypt, Tunisia, Libya

What Would FakeSteveC say?

http://fakestevec.blogspot.com/2011/04/know-your-osm-memes-4.html

Oh, that.

Jokes aside, I think the ideal use of aerial imagery in OSM is support for mappers on the ground. I.e. it is great to have aerial imagery where we *also* have local mappers in the area.

Aerial imagery as raw material for armchair mappers in Europe who enjoy tracing faraway countries is of lesser priority. I know from my own experience that such armchair mapping can be a lot of fun, and we have seen in Haiti that it can also be helpful, but I think this is not the main mode of operation we're striving for.

Bye
Frederik