Hi,

On 06/17/11 17:18, Kate Chapman wrote:
Yes I agree that the arm chair mapping isn't the best method of
collection.  Though in some areas it will be difficult to ever have
mappers on the ground without imagery.  The cost of a GPS is
prohibitive in many places.

Oh I wasn't referring to any kind of armchair mapping. I think it's ok if you map something in the vicinity of where you live, or at least where you are; if it is something that you have some first-hand knowledge of, rather than just an image.

The less desirable kind of armchair mapping, in my eyes, is when someone maps an area he's never been to. (I'm guilty of that too.)

Bye
Frederik