>But I do feel slightly uncomfortable that my edits, which I've now agreed
>should be licensed under ODbL, can currently be used by fosm to build a
>>CC-by-SA competitor project which aims to divide our community.

The community has always been clear that the continuation of OSM
with with a new ODBL is a legal way of forking the project.
Just as legal as continuing OSM with CC-BY-SA. After all
planet dumps have been made available for that, as well as diffs. That
is also a majority decision.

The rotten thing here is that the ODBL fork has hijacked the domain name and
servers, because of .... mainly because a majority let them do it.

So I feel it very unfair to call the continuation of OSM under CC-BY_SA,
in additon of being obliged to seek new resources (servers ,domain name and
community)
are called a competitor with the aim of dividing the community.

That is an odd way of saying the the majority is always right, and if wrong
they are right anyway !  And history has shown us and shows us every day
again where that opinon can lead to.

Regards,

Ing.  Gert Gremmen, BSc

g.grem...@cetest.nl
www.cetest.nl

Kiotoweg 363
3047 BG Rotterdam
T 31(0)104152426
F 31(0)104154953

 Before printing, think about the environment.