On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:

> On 26/08/11 10:47, 80n wrote:
>
>  The data point that we would have been revealing is that these people
>> were members of OSMF.  Membership of an organisation is personal
>> information and we did not want to leak that information in any form
>> whatsoever.
>>

> Of course the Companies Act actually requires the Foundation to provide a
> full list of members to anybody that asks anyway...
>
> Indeed.  And if somebody [1] had asked then there is an obligation to
provide that person with the list of members.  But that's not the same as
broadcasting the information in public to everyone.

You, as a member of OSMF, can request a list of members but that probably
wouldn't disclose email addresses and you might not be able to infer if
anyone on the list was a Skobbler employee.  Announcing that a large number
of Skobbler employees is exceeding the obligations that the board has.  That
announcement should not have been made.

80n

[1] As I recall only members can request a membership list and they have to
provide a reasonable justification for their list.  Failure to supply the
list can be challenged in the courts.