Martijn van Exel wrote:
> there's bound to be people slave-mapping for GMM that
> would contribute to OSM instead if 1) they knew about
> it or 2) it were easier to get started.

If we had more than five people coding on the main site then maybe we could
start to fix 2. ;)

We're kind of hamstrung by the fact that so few people contribute code to
the main site (by which I mean osm.org and P2), but we have thousands of
eager mappers asking these few people to improve more and more things.
Though we do try, it's difficult to tell the eager mappers "sorry, I haven't
got time to scratch your particular itch, I've got some work to do to
improve OSM's UI for new mappers".

If you'd like to help improve OSM's ease of use, and I agree that would be
terrific, Write Some Code!

cheers
Richard