2012/3/7 Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If this actually happens, it will be by far the stupidest thing OSM
> > has ever done. But maybe I'm misunderstanding the meaning of that
> > phrase about "database rebuilding"?
>
> Since I'm getting some off-list snark about this, let me make clear:
>
> 1) I'm not arguing against the licence change
> 2) I am participating in remapping
> 3) I'm questioning deleting large amounts of data from our map on the
> self-imposed deadline of April 1

I agree with you.
The license change is ok but: the big sites (Foursquare) must have the
possibility to use the CC-BY-SA database also after the 1st April, till we
have remapped almost all lacking data.
I don't know if it's possible, but new contributions can be "backported" to
the old database?

>  Steve

Regards,
Stefano