On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> The licence change process in particular turned up a large number of
> (problematic and others) imports where the importers washed their hands of
> their responsibility and left the clean up work to others.

The imports during the redaction work was a problem, I agree. The
annoucement asking to suspend imports was properly forwarded to the
local mailing list and local website. But some (most of ?)
contributors do not read the mailing lists and the OSM web sites.
That's it. Some even don't read or reply to messages sent to them
through the OSM messaging system, perhaps because the DWG is
contacting them in a foreign language. A local DWG representative
speaking the same language would surely help here. I'm sure the DWG
will receive soon new applicants for the position.

Pieren