>>>>> "jt" == Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org> writes:

  jt> I think there is a misunderstandig here. You seem to suggest that
according to
  jt> those new guidelines you are supposed to import the data with one account
and
  jt> then in a second step fix things with the normal account. This is not the
case.
  jt> It has been a long-standing policy that (whether you do normal edits or
any
  jt> kind of import) you are supposed to always leave the map in a good state.

  This means that the "import" account will agglomerate contributions
  sourced from the import (cleaned up building outlines, for instance)
  and a large number of ordinary, manual edits/improvements (improving
  the road network's geometric precision, adding tags) which are sourced
  from Bing, GPS traces, personal knowledge, etc. Individual changesets
  will be a mix of data from different sources, with different
  copyrights.

  Since there is no change to the clarity of copyright status, I really
  don't understand the point of a separate account for this type of
  import (obviously country-wide, mechanical CLC-type edits are different).

--
Eric Marsden