Hi Lester

how to use it, and those are only available in French, which irritates.
You mean you would appreciate a translation of French Cadastre wiki page ?

tracking of where detail is sourced, and also the accuracy of that data.
Every objects coming from cadastre have a tag source mentionning cadastre.
This is mandatory and required by French Cadastre to be integrated in
OSM

don't understand some of the problems they are flagging as reasons for
the practices?
Could you precise which problems you do not understand so we can clarify ?

Concerning French cadastre the manual work to merged the data is quite huge
whereas for CLC import it was automatically done. Do you consider that this
manual work is part of the import process or not ?

To avoid confusion and misconception is there somewhere an exhaustive clear and
preceise list of objectives of Guidelines imports rules ?
It would be good to have such a list to be sure that we discuss about the same
things and the same goals.
It would also allow to discuss on facts and technical points and perform an
objective evaluation of strengh and weaknesses of various proposal.
For the moment I`m not sure that everyone has the same vision of what we are
doing and which goals we want to reach.

view of that data from which objects are 'imported' into 'osm'. Both of
those layers should be accessible for all of us to at least view
The original data are available on cadastre website cadastre.gouv.fr
The processed data are available town by town on cadastre.openstreetmap.fr
The data after user manual processing in order to solve issues ( coherency with
existing OSM data, artefacts not detectable by processing scripts etc ) are the
one sent to OSM ( Data coming from cadastre avec source flag)

Cheers

Julien