Richard Mann wrote:
But the principle that changesets should have a licence tag where that's
clear/available is a sensible one. As is the message "keep your changesets at
human-scale or set up a separate account".

Tagging the change set is against the data source is a must.
But I think that a simple 'read-only' tag that automatically identifies the base data set is something that is making sense to me. On each object, since looking down change set history to find it does not make sense?

This would at least allow editors to issue warnings when a change is made to detail provided from a 'trusted' source. The 'squaring up' buildings hit a raw nerve with me simply because I DO have to take care of the non-squareness of many structures around here and it's those sorts of tidies that could cause more problems! - even in the French data?

Being able to pull up an overlay of the original source data when a warning is created would also be helpful.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL