On Sep 30, 2012, at 3:41 AM, Paul Norman <penor...@mac.com> wrote:
> Of these 17.9
> million are version=1. 62.2% of cadastre building ways are never touched
> again by any mapper.

So what?  That still doesn't tell you anything. We've already heard
descriptions of the process including edits and cleanup before the first
commit.

You can do lots of spot-checks to find polygons that appear to not match aerial
photos and call them liars about *that*, but *these* numbers tell nothing about
it one way or the other.

> Sarah is correct and the majority of imported buildings
> are never touched.

No, it does not tell you they aren't touched. It tells you that they aren't
touched after the first commit. If they edited it before the commit, then of
course most won't need to be touched again soon!

Oh, and the other 12+ million, 38%, almost half, with multiple edits? Yeah,
sorry France, you don't get any credit for that.

I am so sick and tired of this discussion.    All the import-criticizers rant
and whine about "build the local community".  What I'm reading is there's a
pretty active community in France, and they like this cadastre import.

If you are outside France, shut up and let them do their thing.

- Alan