2012/10/18 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>

> Hi,
>

> On 10/18/12 14:41, Pieren wrote:
>
>> It's more than 5 minutes if you have to create first a new email
>> account (I know now all the tricks to duplicate our first email
>> account but then explain why a different email address is still
>> required) then spend time to continuously switch from one account to
>> the other.
>>

> Both of these are technical issues that could be solved, and I'm prepared
> to help solve them - at least on the JOSM side, it would be easy to make it
> so that JOSM can store multiple identities and when you hit "upload" you
> can select which identity to use from a drop-down, and as for the
> many-accounts-one-email question, I'm sure that could be solved somehow as
> well.
>
> If I do that, would that change the attitude towards the "separate
> account" question, or would it be a a waste of time?

It wouldn't be a waste of time if you can implement it in such a way that
all the buildings are uploaded as the bot user and all the rest of the work
as the normal user automagically. The main concern with the separate
accounts is that the result of the work is integrated and that people will
most likely either forget to switch accounts or not stop right after the
import part and before the integration part of the work, as this runs
together and  becomes mixed and entangled.

Polyglot