> According to this list, 208 accounts have added more than 10k
house
> numbers - if any one of them has actually surveyed that many
> houses they
> should be awarded a prize!

While I'm surprised that my entry is as high as it is, it is
entirely possible that I've added almost 40,000 house numbers from
survey - it has been my main focus of mapping locally since all the
roads were done. I had a week off work in August where a babysitter
for the mornings meant I surveyed over 4000 more houses in that week
alone (it always takes longer to add them to OSM than to collect
them), so as I've been working on them since probably late 2009 it
is quite likely the number is correct. I'm hoping to get a couple of
free hours this afternoon to do some more (having finally caught up
with entering data from previous surveys yesterday).

A quick check on my local extract gives 37,552 buildings for which I
am the last editor. While some don't have house numbers I have added
addresses outside the local area as well when I've had some spare
time (such as a patch around my parents, or a patch around where
I've taken eldest daughter to university interviews while I'm
waiting, and similar).

Ed