Kevin Peat wrote:
On 14 May 2013 13:36, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk
<mailto:les...@lsces.co.uk>> wrote:

    And some of us find the conditions G$ put on chrome is a reason NOT to have
    anything to do with it. It's bad enough the pressure to change for spurious
    reasons without having OPEN projects like OSM making the same demands :(

Use Chromium then, seems to work well with iD.

But I'm have been more than happy with seamonkey for many years so why would I switch to something else just because someone thinks they know better :( When they get proper email support back ... there may be a reason to change. The problem here is that there are now too many browsers and none as yet follow the latest 'standards' fully, while many of us are still using set-ups that we are more than happy with and simply have no reason to change. iD needs to mature and get a better user base before it can be CONSIDERED to be made the default! We know the limitations of P2, can handle them and support new users. Learning something new takes time which many of us do not have spare.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL