So, I finally caught up on the long "Upgraded map controls" and "Bringing new
life to OSM.org" threads. I was especially interested in the discussion about
where major changes to OSM should be announced, whether on "talk", or
"rails-dev", or github, or IRC, or the blog, etc.

As far as I can tell, nobody mentioned the annou...@openstreetmap.org list.
Surely that list is an ideal low-traffic venue for informing the community of
impending changes, and directing people to an appropriate forum for further
discussion?

Alan