Thanks Rob. Viking is a really great, I use it regularly.

My current Linux systems are too old to install version 1.5 right now
without pulling in a lot of dependencies that might break things. I
tried the Windows version as a workaround (wine and Win8) but it
refuses to 'open/import' the jpg files.

I will look at it again when I have updated to a more current Linux
system so thanks for the tip.

Lambert