On 2013-11-20 23:49, Florian Lohoff wrote:
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 01:13:34PM +0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
2013/11/20 Peter Wendorff <wendo...@uni-paderborn.de>
I agree, but what will we do on a practical level? I checked a dozen
arbitrary nodes and apparently nobody has cleaned up any of these in the
past 4 years:
and we are talking about 24174 nodes.

What is the general opinion on putting all those int_names (ideally only
those with more than one value, but how do you check this?) into a new
temporary tag "fixme:int_name" like Peter suggested? Or are there 241
people interested in solving this manually, so everybody only has to
check/fix 100 items?

As the order on the int_names might have changed due to edits afterwards
i'd be very careful to convert them automatically to the
name:<languagecode> version which is the right way to do it.

If one could reconstruct the order/tag from the original import and its
the same all the time i'd vote for changing them.

You'd just need to get the first version of the nodes. That's not very hard to do.

That nobody cared in 4 years is not an argument to delete it or change
it.

Very true.

Probably people have been happy with the results of nominatim
which parses it?

Does Nominatim parse it? Or does it only parse the name:<lang> tags? I can't imagine it does something (certainly not something smart) with those concatenated int_name tags.

Maarten