On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 02:39:12PM +0100, Johan C wrote:
> We have much better map data? Based on what? OSM will for example in the
> next x years not be able to accomodate OSM friendly commercial companies
> like Telenav on addresses, lane assistance and POI's.

I have been with OSM since 2007 and i have heard estimates for years and
most of them have been proven wrong.

My guess is that address completion in Germany at least will not be far
away - I am working hard on that and i am now at >10k addresses.
Looking at the larger Citys (>100K) those are very good at address
coverage already today.

Whereby "completion" means "Google level" - Even Google does not have
ALL addresses for Germany. My rough estimate is that they are at about
90%. The rest is beeing interpolated.

And lane assist stuff is easy to add - Enable your JOSM style for
lanes and go for it.

I live between 2 citys (45k and 90k) and both of them are basically done
with lane assist stuff. All bigger junctions beeing complicated are
done. One can easily use this with Mapfactor Navigator which shows
turn:lanes e.g. lane assist and destination:lanes

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de