Hi Rob,
I will let the legal committee answer about the license.
Yes, this is great what we have accomplished as an OpenStreetMap community with
this Ebola outbreak.
Andrew Buck and myself, and HOT as the umbrella organization are there to make
the bridge between this community and the humanitarian organizations, to
strenghten the relations with the humanitarian organizations. We simply cannot
do such job without the Osm community. The response we have received for both
the Haiyan typhoon in november 2013 and for this Ebola outbreak is simply
fantastic.

There is a lot of media and academic attention about the progression of
OpenStreetMap. Since the Haiti Earthquake in january 2010, there humanitarian
organizations and UN agencies are also follwing closely the OSM community. With
this unprecented response over the last 7 months with this Ebola outbreak, OSM
is under the spots. See this last interview from BBC World News.

For this Ebola outbreak, HOT coordinates with MSF, Red Cross, UN-WHO, UN-OCHA
and the Digital Humanitarian Network. To date, almost 2,000 OSM contributors
from 100 countries and more then 10 millions objects edited.

More then these statistics, this is the capacity of OSM to provide a reliable
environment and tools, assure connectivity with GIS softwares,  propose various
free Mapping services, including for small devices, and adapt quickly to the
needs of the humanitarian organizations that is recognized.

Professionalism of the OSM community among the various volunteer communities is
the main message.  Let's hope that we can keep the spirit of this community and
move forward as an organization with respectful and constructive discussions.

 Pierre