Hello

I've been talking with the Google Crisis Response team, and they have confirmed:

* Imagery released under Skybox for Good can be digitized into OSM under OSM's
license.
* The attribution requirement can be fulfilled by attributing Skybox in a given
changeset and/or feature comment/tag. As well as noted on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors
* While it's not a requirement, interested to start conversation about more
robust attribution down the line, ala the dynamic attribution in Google Maps
(something like an API to view attribution for a particular area, to integrate
into web viewers)
* HOT is welcome to make additional requests.

They want to know the best place to formally let OSM know the above. If the
gist of the above sounds reasonable, I think the best place to announce would
be on legal-talk@

While we are working on the legal details, it would also be worthwhile for us
to test the suitability of the imagery for OSM tracing. Is the geo-referencing
and resolution fit for our purposes?

Cheers
Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron