On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:44 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com> wrote:

> I think eventually chains will see the light, and publish their locations
> in an open format compatible manner.
> At that point a quick cross check with OSM would clear up most of the
> issues.

I think this depends on the chain and how much they care about this.  I
believe there was a previous import of Lowe's locations, and this data was
*woefully* inaccurate.  At least in Oklahoma, these often ended up well
into the "close but no cigar" territory, often being blocks away and in
nonsensical spots kinda-sorta close, but not close enough to get accurate
routing.  On the other hand, there was a pretty nicely detailed import of
Love's truck stops a while back that included a fair amount of detail, for
which the only issue I take with it is that it mistagged most as caravan
sites instead of service plazas.