> I wouldn't be so sure here.
>
> As an example, there's a bakery chain in the UK called "Greggs". They're
> mostly tagged "shop=bakery" (with a few Subway-esque "amenity=fast_food" /
> "cuisine=sandwich" as well).  Occasionally shops like this get wrongly
> tagged, sometimes as "amenity=cafe", and there's always a temptation to
> "just fix them".  However, guess what?  Yesterday I accidentally walked past
> a genuine Greggs "amenity=cafe":

There are too many of these errors (things like McDonalds without an
apostrophe and amenity=fast_food incorrectly tagged
amenity=restaurant) to check them all individually. I am only
interested in fixing the big chains here and will leave things I am
not familiar with alone. I live in Canada, and we have all the big
worldwide chains (McDonald's, Subway, KFC, Walmart) and some big local
chains (Tim Hortons, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys, Rexall etc.)
With many of the chains most of the stores look pretty similar from an
air photo and it is easy to identify them that way. Also the
increasing popularity of Mapillary makes it easier to check these in
areas where Mapillary is available.

If you find a weird situation like this I would strongly recommend
putting a note tag on it. If I don't mistakenly correct the POI then
someone else might do it. Usually when I find this sort of situation
it is in a different country from the country where the chain has its
stores, and some independent store has the same name as the chain.
Occasionally there might be some store called Subway that doesn't sell
sandwiches that is legal because the Subway trademark only covers fast
food restaurants, or something like that. Any Subway or McDonald's
store that isn't owned by the big chains in one of the countries where
those chains operate would almost certainly be sued for trademark
infringement and shut down.