Hi,

On 05/28/2015 10:27 PM, Dave Corley wrote:
> Either this is a database of worldwide geodata or its not.
> There's no half-way in that statement. Either all cultures, languages,
> countries, people and the variety these elements bring in terms of
> tagging, is accepted on a universal basis or its not.

It is not. Your "either-or" is far too simplistic even for today's
OpenStreetMap, and sadly doesn't help this discussion at all.

There's quite a couple of cultures/world views that we are already
rejecting today, for example nationalist world views that would apply
certain name tags to objects clearly outside their "jurisdiction" and
against the expressed wish of the local population.

Decisions have to be made, especially were one person's freedom starts
to impact another person's freedom; it never was free-for-all.

Bye
Frederik