On 28 May 2015 at 13:33, moltonel 3x Combo <molto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/05/2015, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another issue that can be seen here: nobody will want this "Puente Nuevo
>> (París)" as a label for a bridge on a map (París)
>> Funny ah? Every single entity in wikidata I have looked at had some issues
>> in one or the other way, I believe we would get more problems than we would
>> solve.
>
> The issue here is that these strings are the name of the wikipedia
> article in various language, which is *not* the same as the name of
> the location in various languages. Wikipedia likes to add some
> disambiguation text, which we do not want in OSM.

Wikidata labels do not include that disambiguation (some exceptions
may be found, but they are user errors,and are being weeded out).

>>    https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q84
>>
>> You can see its names in various languages by clicking the "Labels
>> list" tab (then note slidebar)
>
> Call me stupid, but I don't see any clickable label list tab ?

Sorry; you won't see it if you're not logged in. You'd need to log in
and enable this gadget:

   https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Tools/Gadgets#LabelLister

I'll ask if there's a method for non-logged-in users to see them.

>  The
> closest thing I see is the list of wikipedia articles, which has the
> problem mentioned above.

Those are not the labels

--
Andy Mabbett