On 02/09/15 13:43, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
>> Ideally I would like to add the NLPG reference
>> > to each but currently that is blocked by possible licensing problems. It
>> > WOULD be nice to complete the 'hidden' data

> Assuming the license issue gets resolved, how will you import it,
> conflate with existing data, tag ? How will you keep it up to date
> when a field or a chunk of garden changes hand between neighbours ?
> Who do you expect will make use of the data ?

My main client base is council based systems, so I HAVE the LLPG data
for each client. I just can't use it in OSM. The main problem here is
I'm using OSM to display location information so that staff can manage
things like 'change of address', and YES recording changes to the LLPG
data in order to amend the raw data which is then uploaded to NLPG.
Using OSM allows much more flexible options on the user interface than
OS does and potentially the whole country can be kept up to date simply
because the data is already being digitised and we the UK public are
paying for that!

Drawing a line around each boundary is still a problem as are areas in
general in OSM. I'm not happy with using 'relations' to draw areas, but
simply drawing a polygon for a field or property boundary is messy when
one needs to add gates, boundary style, and yes 'hidden' elements such
as open driveways. So one is essentially limited to creating a relation
for each property and then does one include the buildings within the
area in the relation? Which is why I've stopped at just drawing boundary
types so far. Actually the property boundaries on our road include the
area of grass outside the front fence, but not the path which is another
detail not yet added ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL