On 2015-10-08 09:44, Jo wrote:
The way I do it (and in no way am I saying it is the only way or the
correct way to do it, but it seems to hold up fine) is make one
relation for each seperate destination (usually two: a->b and b->a,
sometimes 4: a->c->b, a->d->b, b->c->a and b->d->a) and group those
relations in a master relation. The master relations get grouped in
a (master-master) relation that holds all buslines for one
concession.

Where is this master-master documented? I think some may shoot it
down, calling it a category. I use the operator and network tags to
group 'concessions', although here in Belgium they correspond to the
provinces.

It is not documented.
In the Netherlands we have at present 35 concessions for buses [1]. These concessions will change operators regularly (they range in duration from 10 to 20 years, so on average every year 2 concessions will end) and a new operator has new ideas, new lines, etc. Also sometimes concessions get split or combined. Making a relation for each concession greatly improves maintainability. You only have to load one relation in JOSM to get all lines and work from there.
I would be really cross if someone decides to delete those relations :P

I believe officially you should only add nodes with
"public_transport=stop_position", but in absence of those I also add
"highway=bus_stop" (or even tag those with
"public_transport=stop_position" which is not entirely correct).

Don't  you mean public_transport=platform in that first sentence? I
think the official 'party line' is to add both platforms and
stop_positions.

That's not how I do it. But again: I'm not saying I'm doing it 100% correctly.

[1] <https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concessies_in_het_Nederlandse_openbaar_vervoer>

Regards,
Maarten