Looks like I need to find a different route, something easier. What I
picked looked easy, only 4 stops, but over 100km long.

My plan is to do as suggested, a relationship for each direction. When
done, I'll look at a master relation for all.

So two questions:
1) When looking at the bus routes in Rome, I noticed bus_stops are group
together in the relation, not interspersed between ways. I would have
thought that the stops would be in spatial order with the ways.

2) Is it necessary to use forward/backward if the ways are in order?

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us