This seems a bit of an odd time to announce a schism and I'm sure you
didn't intend for your statement to come across as it just did.

While rabid anti-OSMers are gaining more power and influence in HOT and
MM, I do assume that the majority of the HOT and MM communities are not
falling in to the trap of believing their own marketing copy and realize
that they are a small minority in the larger OSM community and are
dependent on the good will and support of the wider OSM community to
make a difference.

Simon