While it's factually correct to say that you don't have to take part in the
community to work with OSM, I seldom see that in practice. Missing Maps and HOT
are deeply involved in the OSM community. When we do see this gap between the
data and community anywhere in OSM, it's a great action to take on, to find
ways to make our community welcoming and understandable to more mappers. We
also need to recognize that OSM is a collection of communities, especially
along linguistic lines, and that we need to work more to integrate in positive
ways.
-Mikel * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron