On 1/29/2016 8:49 AM, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
On 29 January 2016 at 17:37, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
"but that's not much to do with tagging diversity" - I would dispute
it, from my personal experience. Tagging diversity IS one of real
problems in using OSM data.
+1.

I'm going to disagree, even though I understand exactly why both Mateusz and Matthijs come to this conclusion. As an OpenStreetMap Carto maintainer, tag fragmentation is a pain. For most data consumers? It doesn't matter. Most of the time they're using a small number of well established tags, and if they run into an edge case where there's tag fragmentation they're not going put in a great deal of time.