I've contacted Maps.me about this issue as we are cleaning up where people are
adding English and Chinese names to the name field in Iceland.
I've suggested they have 3 name fields - name, name:en and a name:?? which is
chosen by user in preferences (at install). They have acknowledged it but made
no promises on how they will handle it.
This app is giving us an added editor manpower but we might need to help them
to make the tool more useful - with more and clearer presets being one issue.