sent from a phone

> Il giorno 18 giu 2016, alle ore 03:44, Minh Nguyen
> <m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us> ha scritto:
>
> I see no problem with the semantics in
> <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q74047>.

if you wanted, you could see problems also there: it is at the same time:
"abandoned village, town or city, usually one which contains substantial
visible remains" and is a subclass of "abandoned village", shouldn't it be the
opposite, abandoned village a subclass of ghost towns?

abandoned village is covered (?) by the German article "Wüstung" which is a
word for an abandoned settlement or deserted site (de:Wirtschaftsfläche, i.e.
it is much broader in scope):
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q350895
the languages af and nl seem to be similar to the German version.

This is a maze, with significant differences between Wikipedia articles in
different languages alone, and in comparison with wikidata, and the attached
semantics in wikidata. Almost any time you look at an wikidata item there are
issues and content level contradictions. Yes, most of this is to be found in WP
as well, but the difference is that an article is not machine readable, and a
human will more likely know how to interpret the information.

cheers,
Martin