> As for the maps.me, I am glad that foreign names issue is basically the
> only one that most people agree on.

there are lots of different issues, and even if many of them have not yet
commented on them, I still believe they do have the potential to harm
overall data quality. From the manual reviews I have performed so far, the
amount of new issues introduced was far bigger than the useful information
that has been added, but I didn't look at enough data to make this
representative in any way (of course).

Some of the issues that come to mind:
1. stuff put projected to the middle of the road rather than the actual
position (common newbie error, possibly because that's how google and
others present search results)
2. stuff put without a tag what it is (just a name and a property like
tourism=attraction)
3. duplicates added (things that are already there)
4. poor semantic level (very low detail in tagging, in some occassions to a
point where it becomes not understandable any more, sometimes mistagged as
something vaguely similar)
5. sometimes missplaced objects far off (likely due to bad location data in
the device and users not familiar with the area, and not willing to
properly orient themselves)

I guess it depends very much on the area where you are editing, in a
densely mapped, detailed area there is very few you can contribute with a
simple editor like maps.me, mostly useful to correct mispellings and
changes like things that have gone, while in a poorly mapped area we might
get useful contributions by at least something added where before there
were only voids.

> We are of course aware of it, and either in the coming release, or the one
> after it, we will introduce a multilanguage name editor.

this is great news. I suggest you first ask the users, which language they
are going to add the name, and then let them add the name (this way they
will be less likely modifying the existing  name in local language).

Cheers,
Martin