> If someone wants to import some low-/mixed quality stuff into OSM and
> suggest to add fixme=* to lots of objects, we usually refuse to give the
> import "permission" because such data usually will not be fixed. That's
> why I think that just reverting is the best solution.

yes, but the situation here is completely different, because a lot of
individuals make each very few edits. Many of them seem to make an best
effort, e.g. by entering complete addressing information, website
information, contact information like email and phone numbers, opening
hours. I'm sure they would also make better classifications if the maps.me
editor allowed for it.

Cheers,
Martin