Hi,

On 08/04/2017 07:28 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
> You must be joking, there is no proposed strict policy, just a very
> lenient one.

The work on the trademark policy has started a few years ago, and I was
involved in the beginning. I can certainly vouch for one thing: The
policy proposed here is, compared to trademark policies of other "Open"
projects like e.g. Debian, very, very lenient. There are explicit
permissions for the community to use the marks for various purposes
without asking permission; you may even print T-Shirts at a community
event and sell them (!) without having to ask anyone for permission. You
will be hard pressed to find any trademark policy that goes to such
lengths to give the community the freedom to use what is essentially
their marks.

Which doesn't mean that there's no room for improvement, but calling
this a "strict" policy certainly means you haven't read a lot of
trademark policies ;)

Bye
Frederik