Christoph

There are definitely points that can be addressed and improved (always) and I
already agreed that we should include one of the points you touched on in the
FAQ, the problem with some of the items you raise is that they essentially boil
down to no management of domain names that use or are easily confused with our
marks.

I repeat the wording here "Please don’t register a domain that looks or sounds
similar to an OSM mark, or includes a misspelled OSM mark" if the domain in
question does not fulfill the criteria then it is not affected. For the domains
that do conflict in the end we put the ganrdfathering procedure in to place.

As I pointed out to Jochen the number of potentially relevant domains is not
particularly large and not all of them are easily confused with with our marks.
This should not be major drama.

In an age in which essentially all OSM related activity takes place on the
Internet and domain names are essentially ersatz-trademarks I can't see
excluding them from the policy as being sensible.

Sorry.

Simon