( Thought I hit 'reply list' :) )

On 26/09/17 23:47, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
> Here is a query that finds all wikidata IDs frequently used in
> "brand:wikidata", and shows OSM objects whose "wikidata" points to the
> same. I would like to replace all such wikidata/wikipedia tags with the
> corresponding brand:wikidata/brand:wikipedia.  Most of them are in
> India, but there are some in Europe and other places.  This query can be
> used directly from JOSM as well.

wikidata provides a section which documents a range of LINKS which
identify the same object on other databases. It would be nice if there
was a stable identity on OSM that would populate an entry in THAT list.
This would then allow cross checking of any link.

At some point it might be nice to eliminate all of the unnecessary links
like this in OSM if wikidata or somenewopesourcedata become a more
reliable source of such data. Just a single link to a substantial set of
additional data.

So ... where does 'brand:' come from? Should this not simply be 'link:'?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL