> (in the case of the Aldis discussed elsewhere I suspect that there will
> always enough info to say which is which in other tags or using geographic
> location).

in the case of Aldi Nord and Aldi Süd, you'd have to know the precise
position of the "Aldi equator" in order to say which is which (e.g.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aldi_branches_in_Europe.svg ).
Other tags will hardly help you out. If you have the division it isn't a
very complicated case though, because this is about 2 brothers who divided
the world so that they would never compete with one another.

When there aren't clear borders / areas it is different.

Cheers,
Martin