      De : Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org>
 À : Christoph Hormann <o...@imagico.de>
Cc : "talk@openstreetmap.org" <talk@openstreetmap.org>
 Envoyé le : lundi 2 octobre 2017 11h17
 Objet : Re: [OSM-talk] A thought on bot edits

I find this discussion and your proposal interesting to explore, at least as a
hypothetical. Do we know 1) what the volume of bot edits is and how it has
grown 2) how many mappers have actually given up based upon this? My guess is
that instead of coming up with a global solution, this could be left to the
local communities to decide. For example, where I live (USA) there does not
seem to be as much resistance to automated edits to make such a change
desirable / necessary. The effect of introducing a new tagging requirement for,
or even entirely separating out automated edits into a different database, may
have a different (or even an opposite) effect in communities that look more
favorably upon these types of edits.
Martijn