вс, 19 нояб. 2017 г. в 1:11, Christoph Hormann <o...@imagico.de>:

> On Saturday 18 November 2017, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> > john whelan wrote:
> > > No you need to build up trust again and it takes time.  Only then
> > > will your ideas start to gain acceptance.
> >
> > Oh come on. I've been a mapper since 2010, I've hosted dozens of
> > events, I've written many articles and tools, some of which you might
> > have used, I'm on the Board currently, and still my proposals and
> > pull requests fail again and again, because there is no trust in
> > OpenStreetMap. There is nothing you can to to build up trust. Your
> > ideas will never get acceptance, it's just nitpicking and "unwritten
> > rules" all over.
>
> I hope you are aware that with this you deny everyone who has ever
> voiced critique on any of your proposals and pull requests to have a
> competent opinion on the topic in question.

(sorry for my Russian straightness)

Many words, long story short: technology-wise, OpenStreetMap core is dead.

There is no development outside of a limited set of companies, and even
that is mostly aimed at profit of the company, not the OSM community. All
of it is done in "consumer" role.

People trying to gain knowledge of developing something in non-"consumer"
paradigm get shamed all over mailing lists. Or have a look what it takes to
launch any kind of popular OSM editor, be it Potlatch or Maps.me, in terms
of amount of hate towards you.

It is impossible to get anything merged into core infrastructure. If
initial author stepped away from the project, there is a group of ~5 people
who effectively say no to any change.

This year I got several PRs reviewed and merged into PostGIS, yet even
simple configuration/limit changes to openstreetmap.org get ignored.

I've posted a -dev mail about reusing nighttime of tile rendering servers.
Some likes on GitHub, some reviews from passer-by's, no merge, nothing
about "what to fix to get it merged". For a year. Patience you say?
https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/pull/152

/map call is technically 40x slower than it should be, but issue is being
closed with "we are not complete idiots" comments. No action taken wherever.
https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/135

"I'm worried about this. I have not performed a technical review." as a
blocker for PR merge:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/2939

Basically, most of wide ~2011 dev community was hired away, and core is in
hands of those who weren't hired away by Map* for whatever reason, be that
lack of social skills or lack of technical skills. You've got no fresh
blood, and there's no road map for it to improve.