W dniu 03.12.2017 o 18:43, Yves pisze:
I do agree with Christoph here, tag depreciation should be discussed outside of the scope of osm-carto.

It would be interesting for me to hear the exact reasons why do you think that?

I would also like to know how do you think should we talk about the relations between tagging and rendering in an acceptable way?

Daniel, this all thread looks like you want to promote a tagging scheme for the primary reason you can't make it look nice on the slippy map. That's really not helping tagging discussions!

Rendering is my primary motivation to look at these tags and I see nothing wrong with being open about it. This is one of many rendering styles and one of many uses of OSM data, and data consuming is also important thing to consider. Not the most important, but still something to think about.

When designing tags we think about different problems - if it's easy for a mapper to tag, if the system is coherent, if the names are clear, so thinking about classification is equally valid for me - and it's good to know why the classification might be needed at all. I don't talk about data analysis, because I don't do that, but I suspect classification would help that too.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]