On 2018-07-03 09:49, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

Now that I know about existence of FIXME tag I can add support for it
in my tools at 1% of cost of going through mechanical edit.

The entire point is not to support may particular usecase, the point
is to save people in future from spending time on handling tag duplication.

What will prevent users from adding FIXME tags in the future? Do you propose to redo this mechanical edit periodically? What happens to the tools that read FIXME tags in the meanwhile?

I can't find anything on case for the key, but general concensus is that it should be in lowercase (which makes sense), but IMHO tools should be liberal in what they accept as input, so I would always search case insensitive if I were to look for something.

IMHO before we do this edit (which in my eyes should be unneccessary), we should have concensus on the case of the FIXME tag in OSM (and indeed any tag) and have all editors adehere to that standard. I just tried, JOSM hapilly accept fixme and FIXME on the same node.
This edit has not much use when that remains the case.

Regards,
Maarten