Then of course we have the mapping for the blind and disabled which are
useful in supporting their citizens or visitors who are partially sighted
or disabled.

On the cycling front there are numerous maps, layers and routing software
available as there are for footpaths to encourage walking so public health
benefits.

On the tourism side we have multilingual maps and then we have the simple
making it easier to find municipal facilities.

OSM has been used for countless student GIS projects or as an introduction
to GIS.

Then we have the idea of using crowd sourcing.

I should probably gather these ideas and put them in the wiki together with
the links.

Thanks John