A detailed map is an essential tool for firefighters, ambulance, and police. And not only of the town itself but also of the countryside especially along railways and automobile roads.

The city of Stockholm built an interactive public transportation map on the basis of OSM: https://sl.se/en/ . People can see still at home when their bus is arriving at the stop.

The city of Odessa created the similar public transportation map but on the basis of a commercial map: http://transport.odessa.ua/ . It was extremely useful web-application, one could see how the trams' geo-markers were moving on the map. The web-application became very popular, and the commercial map underneath stopped working normally for some, probably also commercial, reason.

I mean a  municipal project which is based on an open data map running on the municipal server could be more resilient and affordable, especially if it becomes popular.

A big separate topic is e-commerce delivery services. A rookie delivery driver may search for an address in a city in some cases for hours. This excessive driving could be reduced significantly if a driver could see a delivery address on the map. It would mean less pollution, accidents, pavement wear.

Best regards,
Oleksiy