I've certainly tagged plenty of natural=cliff (and I'm not done yet), there's
lots of them around me.  So perhaps hazard=chasm could deprecate as one value
of the proposed key hazard, deferring to natural=cliff.

Still, there are plenty of objective, not-going-away-soon,
not-politically-sensitive hazards on Earth.  We should map and render them, but
to do so, we might resurrect a more-modern version of the hazard tag proposal.
Or anything else that would do the job.  These do seem like good, smart things
to map.

Good dialog, thank you everybody.

SteveA