Le 09/02/2020 à 19:21, Yuri Astrakhan a écrit :
Christian, I would like to add torrent support to the download-osm tool [1].  While I could try to scrape https://osm.cquest.org/torrents/ , I would obviously rather use the structured xml file (or if you could provide a JSON file, even better).

If you have a model for such a json, I can add it.

Proposed logic:
* get the catalog file (xml/json)
* download the latest torrent
* (TBD) possibly use some magical aria2c options to stop the download if it is not progressing and fallback to regular http, or possibly pick a slightly older torrent (?). Suggestions are welcome -- see full list of aria2c options [2]

[1] https://github.com/openmaptiles/openmaptiles-tools#multi-streamed-osm-data-downloader
[2] https://aria2.github.io/manual/en/html/aria2c.html

I've not tested aria2c, but I tested lftp which supports bittorrent, example:

lftp -c torrent https://osm.cquest.org/torrents/planet-latest.osm.pbf.torrent

After the download is done, it switches to a background process to share the file up to a ratio of 2:1.

Web seeds can be seen as fallback.

I don't know if lftp (or aria2c) supports web seeds, the lftp documentation I found about the torrent support is minimal.

aria2c support metalink files, which could be something to also look at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalink

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France